Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A SUPER PARTY!

Little man is officially four. As depressed as that makes me, one good thing did come from this; we had an awesome super hero party.  We had to make a few last minute adjustments, because I had incorrectly assumed it would be warm May 4th.  Despite that little setback, it went pretty well, I thought.

Here are a few hightlights.

We had to move everything indoors....Which meant a lot of furniture moving.

We're kind of SUPER.  Mostly me, I mean, those costumes are all made by yours truly.

Let there be num nums.

Super Cookies.  I had originally planned to use a spider web cookie cutter, but the one I ordered was GIGANTIC.  Instead I cut a strip of cardstock, covered it with foil, and shaped it.  

The cake.  My first time using fondant, but it worked out okay.  Maybe a little thick.

I did not make the Captain America costume, but aren't they cuties?

Tatoo Station. 

Design your own super hero.

Kryptonite hunt.  We had to move most of the games to the garage. I put some green paint in a gallon ziplock, put rocks in, and shook.  The kids had to use plastic tongs to pick them up, because kryptonite is kind of toxic to super heros. We also did an obstacle course, but my pictures didn't turn out too well. I blame the weather.

That bad guy is trying to steal the presents. Get him!

He's back!  After this, he reformed and we invited him in for some cake.

Gift bags. 
I just had to add this.  I think the grownups had just as much fun as the kids.  We have the best friends ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment