Thursday, May 2, 2013

Frozen Dino Dig



 In honor of the freezing rain and snow we are getting on this glorious Spring day, I thought I would share what we did the other day.  You know, two days ago when it was warm and Springish.

I started this first thing in the morning.  I dug through our toys and found all of the plastic dinosaurs we had, plus some seashells and assorted animals.  I also gathered three plastic containers (My niece was coming over for the afternoon).  I filled each container 1/4 of the way full and dropped a couple of critters in. Then I popped them in the freezer. I suppose you could just fill the whole thing, but I wanted them to be in layers. A few hours later I added more water and 2 or 3 more animals.  I did this 3 times until it was full.


I ran a little warm water over each one and TA-DA!, big ice cubes filled with all kinds of fun surprises.


We poured warm water over the ice to hurry along the excavation.

Only one spoon was harmed in this project. :)









After all the ice was melted, they built homes out of tree bark, grass, and rocks for their little  animal collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment