Friday, May 3, 2013

No Sew Superhero Party Banner!



This was totally an impulse thing.  I was strolling through the felt section at Hobby Lobby (I LOVE FELT!) and stumbled across some cute superhero/comic strip felt pieces.  I bought a handful, with no real plan, other than using it for Little Man's birthday party. I just couldn't pass it up.


I finally decided it would make a perfect banner. So I whipped out my trusty glue gun, a clothesline I snagged for a dollar (I LOVE DOLLAR TREE!), and a pair of scissors and went to town.  First I cut each piece into a triangular shape.  I left about an inch on top to attach the triangles to my rope. You would think when it came to things like this I would be a perfectionist, but strangely I am not. If you are, then by all means, make a pattern first. I just free handed mine.  Then I cut out the letters to spell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!". Again, use a pattern if you're not a free handing type of person.


I ended up with something like this.


I laid the clothesline across the top.



Added some hot glue.



And folded it down.  I only burnt myself once....or twice. :)

And repeat a until you have your completed banner!




No comments:

Post a Comment