Monday, March 18, 2013

A Gardening We Go

I'm going to try really, really, really hard not to make this blog entirely about gardening in the following months.  Pinky swear.  Having said that, I'm super excited we got the opportunity to work on our garden this weekend. I feel so accomplished and there's just nothing better than letting the kids get so dirty they turn the bathwater brown. We had several beautiful days and it was fantastic to be outside.The Weather Channel says we're in for snow this week, but hey, that's Kansas for you.

King of the mulch mountain!  

Wowza, this is going to be exciting!  I figure 3 times bigger than last year means 3 times more fun, right?  Thanks, Papa, for all the tubs!  


I've heard a lot of people talk about planting celery from the store and I just can't pass up a free and easy project.  All you do is take the bottom of the celery stalk (the part you usually toss) and plant it in some soil.  We left about half an inch to one inch above the ground.  I read several different variations, but this is what we went with. Then we put it on one of our handy dandy plant shelves and let the plant work its magic. I have no idea when to plant it outside....I guess I should've Googled that, too. :)

Right after planting.

We did three because we're over achievers like that.

A week after planting.  See that cute little celery growing up through the middle?



The kids and I also started our fairy garden. *SQUEAL!* Well, Little Man and I did. Little Miss mostly just tried to eat everything and chase our poor, poor dog.  I was beyond excited to find all the fairy garden AND dollhouse accessories on sale at Hobby Lobby this last week.  I also bought some polymer clay to try my hand at making our own fairy supplies.  I have visions of tiny cups and vegetables dancing in my head. And of course we hit up Dollar Tree for the gems and rocks and Lowe's for some plants (which will probably die). I think total I spent $30, which is pretty good considering all of the ridiculously cute things I've seen online.  I can't wait to post the finished project!

It's all so TINY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment