Thursday, March 21, 2013

Super Hero Birthday: Part 1

Little Man's fourth birthday is coming up. Gasp. I am getting old.  To ease my sorrows I have thrown myself into planning what is sure to be the most epic Superhero Birthday party ever.  At least in my mind. :)

First things first: Invitations.  Here are the invites I just sent out. Early at that. Go me.



I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out, but mostly I'm proud of Little Man for the insert I put in them.



Our house is overrun with toys.  I find them in my shoes, in my bed, in the toilet.  And as awesome as it is to get truckloads of toys on your birthday, the thought of bringing more into our house is a cause for anxiety to me.  So I casually brought up the idea that maybe his friends could bring food and toys to donate to the poor, poor kitties and puppies at the animal shelter.  He's seen those depressing SPCA commercials, so it wasn't all that hard to get him on board.  Of course bossy pants had a stipulation; that he still got presents from grandparents and Mom and Dad.  Deal!

I'm sure someone out there thinks we are terrible people to deprive our son of the wonder that is birthday presents.  Don't worry, his grandparents have that covered.  Besides, what a wonderful opportunity to teach him about selflessness and helping others.  It's a fine line we walk as parents between giving them a better childhood than our own and turning them into entitled little brats.

Anyway, off my soapbox.

Next installment: Superhero Costumes!

No comments:

Post a Comment