Friday, March 8, 2013

Detox Bath FTW

It's been kind of a long week.

I woke up the other day with two mini teenagers. Door slamming, back talking, sassy little adolescents have taken over my sweet babies. Seriously, if one more person under the age of four tells me "no" I  might stage a walk out.

And the whining.  Oh, the whining. Nothing more irritating and slightly comical than a little person telling you in the most high pitched, squawky voice that they, "are not whining." Of course not, darling, it's probably just a quick case of nasal congestion.

I've been itching to try this detox bath I saw online.  After the last few days, I can't think of a better time for a test run. And it was fabulous.  I'm not sure if that was the detox part of it or the fact that I haven't had a bath by myself in a year.  It is true that nothing is sacred with children. Hot, hot water +1 cup baking soda + 1 cup epsom salt + two locked doors and a husband standing guard = thirty minutes of bliss. Sweaty bliss, but bliss all the same.

I think I can make it a few more days, now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment